Job Vacancies 2017
Position: Consultant for End of Project Pilot Phase- Evaluation
Location: Mainly from consultant’s base, reporting to KMET Office, Kisumu
Duration: 30 days in the period May-June, 2017
Reporting to: KMET Project & M&E Officers and IISAH in-country Consultant
Availability: May 1 to May 30, 2017
Opening Date: 5th April, 2017 Closing Date: 21st April, 2017
The Fisio-Rehab read (Physiotherapy) Project, started in August 2015, is an initiative of KMET and the Amsterdam-based IISAH Foundation. The purpose of this project is to improve access to quality physiotherapy in resource limited settings. The project aims at promoting healthcare financing private clinics and quality improvement in public and private facilities respectively. Fisio Rehab project has community based rehabilitation component whose overall goal is to involve the community in the rehabilitation process. The Fisio-Rehab program is being implemented in Kisii and Kisumu Counties in 5 pilot clinics.
The clinics involved are Rapha Physiotherapy Clinic, Oasis Physiotherapy Clinic, Kisumu Orthopaedic Clinic, Jalaram Physiotherapy Clinic all in Kisumu County, and Kisii Physiotherapy Clinic in Kisii County. Oasis and Rapha mainly serve clientele in Kisumu East Constituency while Kisumu Orthopedic Clinic serves clientele from Kisumu Central. Kisii Clinic serves clientele from the entire Kisii town and its environs. All the clinics are private and licensed by the Physiotherapy Council with the providers possessing relevant updated certificates of practice from the Kenya Society of Physiotherapists.
Purpose and Objectives of Consultancy
The purpose of the consultancy is to examine the extent to which objectives as stated above and in the partnership documents were met, and the extent to which the identified communities have sustainable strategies towards access to physiotherapy and rehabilitation services. The task for the consultant will be as follows:
1. Conduct a desk review of all materials and products and knowledge generated through the project and advise on how the gaps identified can be consolidated.
2. From 1 above, craft a list of possible evaluation questions, against the project documents, and the objectives articulated from the overall work plan.
For example: Is the quality improved (treatment, facility, management); is there business improvement in the clinics (financial, patient visits, increased selling of appliances); is there an improvement in access to care (for underserved communities) ; do local awareness creation sessions contribute to improve knowledge about physiotherapy care and related health issues.
3. Develop a draft design for the end-of-pilot project evaluation, including the methodology, process, and instruments and Participate in the execution of the evaluation as a member of the evaluation team (two team members will be KMET staff).
It is anticipated that the above-mentioned goal will be achieved in two phases. The first phase, to be complete in the first week of May 2017, will be to conduct the desk review, come up with indicative evaluation questions, and develop the design for the evaluation, including the methodology and evaluation instruments.
The main task of the second phase will be to execute the evaluation, the survey (or other self- reporting mechanisms), to conduct fieldwork (around the 5 project facilities) to validate self- reports, and report writing. A tentative timeline for the activities is as follows:
1. Desk Review: (about 5 working days)
2. Evaluation Design: (about 5 days)
3. Analysis of self-reports:
4. Confirmatory visits and execution of evaluation in 5 urban informal settlements (5 days)
5. The evaluation team will endeavor to document the Fisio-Rehab project’s achievement, experiences in response towards implementation, challenges, and lessons learnt and to identify recommendation for improved coordination and response.
Expression of Interest
Consultants interested and meet the above requirements should submit their proposal that include the following:
1. A profile of the consultant highlighting the relevant experience in doing similar work OR the CV of the consultant highlighting how they meet the requirements.
2. Samples or evidence of previous work done that are similar to this consultancy.
3. The consultant understanding of the TOR and methodology of how they intend to carry out this assignment.
4. Proposed budget indicating the number of days, tasks and costs per main task inclusive of VAT
5. Indication of availability to start and undertake this assignment
6. Contacts of at least 2 organizations previously supported with similar assignments.
Human Resource and Administration Manager,
P.O Box 6805-40103, Kisumu.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Failure to follow the above instructions will lead to automatic disqualification.